Hope this letter find you in the best of your health and hopefully in amid of an exciting sewing project 🥰🧵
I have popped in to quickly give 5 tips that you can add to your sewing practice today so the clothes you make look more professionally made.
- Remember to do your basting (running stitch ) and definitely remember to pull them out once the sewing is done. Do your running stitch with matching thread so even if you miss few areas they don’t stick out later especially on occasions you dont want them to (at your cousins birthday party 🙄)
- Cut your extra threads after every sewing on the machine immediately. Don’t wait till the whole dress finishes. You most probably miss some areas.
- Press press press , I can’t emphasize more on this point. Good steam press and pressing tools (more about them in the future letters) will take your sewing to much higher level.
- Follow the grain. The grain lines are given on patterns for a reason. Please match and follow the grain line.
- Use bais tapes to finish the curved hems. Don’t try to fold them and tool yourself that you can get away with it , just buy folding in the seam allowance, it will give you twisty folds and make the hem look very tacky.
Hope these tips were helpful !
I will popping in your inbox once a week reminding you to sew and sew well, unless you dont want me to in that case just hit the unsubscribe button, I promise not to take it personally ☺️
Happy sewing !
P.S. If you need me touch upon any topic or need to ask sewing related questions or if you have bought my patterns and have any question regarding the sewing patterns please feel free to join my Facebook help group and post your questions there. I’m in there every day answering as many questions as I can.